Thursday, October 23, 2014

Grand River Bead Society

I was honoured to be the guest this week at the Grand River Bead Society in Guelph. This lovely bead society has grown since the first time I visited and taught everyone about Crystal Clay. This week's class was an intro to bead embroidery. 



Society members learned how to bezel around a beautiful custom coated German cabochon which I bought from EH Ashley. The coatings were Brandy, Chili Pepper and Mahogany, which looked amazing with the light copper, burgundy and topaz beads I chose for my kits. 

I was first introduces to these gorgeous pieces of glass when I was planning my demos for the EH Ashley booth at the Bead&Button show in Milwaukee. I did a demo called Marvelous Mahogany which showed how to create an ombré effect using seed beads and bezelling around the cabs. 

I am in the last stages of finishing this piece. Soon it will be on it's way to Rhode Island for display in the EH Ashley showroom.  

Here are some pics of the development of Marvelous Mahogany. 












1 comment:

  1. When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she wants to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

    ReplyDelete